Sunday, April 26, 2009

SPRING, AGAIN!

It's always fun to return to the yard after the last (we hope!) frost and poke around beneath last year's leaves to find the ferns. Their graceful journey upward is almost a dance.

Thanks to Martha, we have this Wisteria on our back fence; it was frozen just a day or so after blooming last year. There is never enough blue in the garden for me, so this is a special pleasure.


Our grandson's first birthday came in February, just two days after Mom died. Then Spring, and Easter! The rebirth that cannot be denied is all around, reminding us of the joy of the cycles of life.

I will soon show you that I am back to the knitting; in fact, am working on two ruffled blankets for sisters as well as a little stroller blanket for a baby. My sweet husband is making great progress on a lovely wool blanket of blocks - more later on all those. Meanwhile, I hope spring works Her magic once again! Enjoy!
Beth

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! I love Wisteria, and I don't have any. I'm hoping to plant some this year. I love the blooms, but I also like the look of the bare plant in the winter.

Corinne said...

Hi,
Your grandson is just sooo adorable....love that picture! Happy Spring. Can't wait to see what you are working on. Me, I have not been in the mood to knit at all, but I know that you will inspire me!
~Corinne

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Curled fern fronds always mean Spring to me.

Hope yours is going well.

Peace
Susan aka ZenKnit