Thursday, June 26, 2008

Growing Pains

In an attempt to learn how much blanket I have, I layed the pieces on the dining table. It will be easy to put them together in a horizontal/vertical fashion, the most common way one would piece a blanket. On the other hand, I am considering doing it on the diagonal; this would involve more thinking.
As you can see, each block is unique; for me, this is the fun; I have been unable to stick to a pattern of repeats, of sameness. However, when I find the work of others interesting or wonderful, it is precisely because they have had the perseverance it takes to repeat colors and patterns; the effects are visually stunning.
Several blocks are still in the making, and most have yet to be edged with the three rows of what will be the "background" color. I am wearing a brace on my wrist - the carpel tunnel threat keeps me from knitting right now - but I will be back at it shortly.

Beth

1 comment:

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

I love this project! The diagonal arrangement I can't wrap my mind around, would it "just" be staggered or ?